Job ID: 161490
Meadow Burke, a CRH company, is a premier manufacturer and distributor for the concrete construction industry. For more than seven decades, we have served architects, engineers, and contractors with a superior line of concrete reinforcing products, concrete forming accessories, road and bridge products, and industry leading products for precast and tilt-up construction.
The Automation Technician is primarily responsible for the implementation of automation solutions including installation, fabrication, testing and repair of systems at production facilities.
- Work with operations, facilities engineering, and the local automation team to define and safely implement plant automation solutions and suggest optimized sequence of operation based on lessons learned from previous launches
- Able to work on new automation projects; including installation/assembly and troubleshooting of new automation equipment and systems
- Ability to read complex PLC logic and write basic PLC programs for new and existing automated equipment
- Interact with production personnel to assess equipment problems and observe equipment to determine what automation opportunities are necessary
- Seek out opportunities where automation can add value and assists with developing the business value assessment around these opportunities
- Work with plant maintenance team to transfer knowledge on every day maintenance and simple fault resets on all new automated equipment upon installation
- Utilize and understand equipment-specific software for set up, troubleshooting, and programming/editing of automation devices, such as robots, linear actuators, servo drives, variable frequency drives and vision systems
- Implement safety improvements promptly after a need is identified
- Actively participate in company Continuous Improvement activities
- Able to interpret specification sheets/ work instructions and learn to use test equipment and machine specific hand tools
- Maintain copies of PLC, HMI, Robot & Vision system programs and document separate calibration procedures for each automated equipment
- Maintain a spare parts cabinet for commonly used mechanical, electrical, electronic and pneumatic components
- Maintain fault log sheets separately for each equipment to help identify fault patterns and potential root causes for machine down time
- High school diploma or GED required
- Engineering Associates degree or past additional training in Automation, Robotics, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, desired
- Experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment
- Machine maintenance and diagnostic/troubleshooting experience
- Proficient in PLC and HMI programming (preferably Allen Bradley)
- Familiarity with safety precautions such as Lock-out/Tag-out, Arc Flash protection, welding protection, and personal protective equipment
- Knowledge of drawings and schematics
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or any other 2D and 3D CAD software
- Experience working with Fanuc and/or Universal robots
- Experience with Vision systems (2D or 3D) or vision sensors
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing
- Ability to visualize each individual step in a process/sequence to identify variations and bottlenecks
- Bilingual is desired
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Meadow Burke, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.