Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com
Brambles and CHEP provide you unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career. You’ll be joining an international growth organization with a pioneering, circular business model. You’ll be working for a company that is changing the way goods get to market. You’ll become part of an efficient and collaborative global team making a real contribution to a smarter, more sustainable future. For more on how Brambles growth companies can accelerate your career, visit https://careers.brambles.com/
*Shift: Monday-Friday 5am-3:30pm*
As a proactive team member, working varying shifts, the Automation Technician is responsible for performing and managing plant maintenance programs under the direction of the Plant Manager. Maintenance activities must ensure that employee health and safety, product safety, and the protection of the environment are never compromised, and that all maintenance activities enhance product quality, plant performance and business priorities. The Automation Technician will adhere to all health and safety policies and directives and maintain a clean safe work area. This position partners with internal and external engineering services and local parts vendors to ensure automated equipment operates at the highest level of efficiencies and will advocate improvement projects as assigned.
- Responsible for hands on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all plant pneumatics, hydraulics, and electric systems including program logic control (PLC) systems controls machine network devices (EthernetIP Network). The Automation Technician will diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical failures in all plant manufacturing equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, conveyers, process pallet handling machines, dismantling, painting and stenciling systems.
- Responsible for hands on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all process hand tools, such as pneumatic or electric reciprocating saws and nail guns
- Performs minor unscheduled maintenance and repair on trucking equipment such as forklifts and yard shuttle trucks
- The Automation Technician is responsible for accurate and timely documentation of performance and processes as required by local and regional leadership. The Automation Technician will schedule, execute and properly document work orders within the corporate Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- The Automation Technician will accurately complete additional scheduling and repair material documentation and reporting as required. Active participation in machine process and design improvement forums is required. The Automation Technician will provide coaching on use and repair of industrial production equipment.
- Automation Technician will participate in health and safety programs including council or committee meetings, OSHA and corporate mandated training, certification and recertification.
- And any other duties as assigned.
- Mechanically inclined – Knowledge of and demonstrable ability to use common mechanics tools.
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays with on-call availability.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete floors for up to 12 hours and lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to read and use mechanical and electrical schematics for troubleshooting.
- Ability to use an electrical Multimeter for troubleshooting.
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot and repair industrial pneumatic and hydraulic system components, such as pumps, valves, cylinders, motors and solenoids.
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical system components such as motors, variable AC drives, PLCs, and field sensors.
- Understanding of industrial air compressors and peripheral components such as, dryers, water separators and automatic bleed off.
This position requires demonstrated experience in maintaining and repairing plant production equipment. Specific areas of expertise include:
- 3-5 years of experience in industrial machine maintenance.
- Knowledge of HMI operation and troubleshooting.
- Proven track record of production machine maintenance and repair success.
- History of effectively working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated success handling multiple high priority projects, in addition to normal responsibilities.
Skills and Knowledge
This position requires knowledge in maintaining and repairing plant production equipment. Specific areas of expertise include:
- Control panels and power cabinets.
- 3 phase 480-volt power systems.
- Rockwell Automation Compact Logic (RSLogix 5000).
- Ethernet IP networks, EthernetIP on machine devices and VFDs.
- Ability to use and navigate MS office and internet applications.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Control of Hazardous Energy procedures and regulations.
- NEC 70E electrical Safety.
- Ability to use Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We're excited you're here to learn how we'll leverage our family of growth companies to accelerate your career. Brambles companies employ more than 14,500 people in over 60 countries, committed to connecting people to life's essentials, every day. Our people are shaping a smarter, more sustainable future by changing the way business makes, moves and sells goods in every corner of the world. We look forward to helping you become one of them. HTTPS://careers.brambles.com/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com