This position supports the General Services Administration (GSA) CAMEO program. The Karsun team is responsible for the development, maintenance, and enhancement (DM&E) and operation of selected GSA Federal Acquisition IT Systems. All employees must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust. The GSA CAMEO program supports the operations of multiple business applications, as well as development of new applications across different technologies. The Karsun software development team is responsible for the software design and implementation of web applications supporting multiple Business Lines within GSA. Successful candidates are modern web development specialists experienced in translating business requirements into software architecture. In addition to strong software development skills, ideal candidates have demonstrated experience in working on an Agile Scrum team. Position location is in Herndon, VA.
Karsun Solutions is seeking a highly enthusiastic test automation engineer. An ideal candidate should have a strong Selenium or Protractor skills to develop automation test scripts.
- Design and develop System Test Automation Scripts using Selenium, Protractor, Jasmin, Cucumber, or and equivalent tools
- Support Test Automation Solution Planning and Estimation. Analyze current architecture and test platforms to formulate a vision for growth and expansion.
- Perform detailed test designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems
- Collaboratively elaborate requirements to enable Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) with BAs and developers
- Perform tasks required for automated test implementation including review acceptance criteria (Gherkin scripts), create integration/regression test scenarios, test cases, implement test data management strategy, and generate required reports.
- Improve existing test automation frameworks (i.e. make them faster, more flexible and easier to use). Utilize parallel processing or grid systems to speed up the tests
- Define and establish test metrics to measure not just product quality, but quality of testing and feedback to engineers
- Strong programming/scripting experience and passion for testing
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Test Automation including planning, assessments, script development & maintenance preferably in cloud environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in manual functional and regression testing and preparing relevant test cases
- Minimum of 4 years demonstrated experience in one or more of the following testing toolsets/frameworks:
- Selenium Grid/WebDriver
- jUnit, TestNG
- Experience working with databases and various data formats and related technologies for testing
- Experience in Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Experience in testing UI/UX best practices and 508 compliance
- Knowledge in management tools such as JIRA Platform, Serena Business Manager, and/or HP Quality Center (QC)
- Strong written and communication skills required
- Must be a self-starter/self-directed member of the team
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Eclipse, IntelliJ
- XML, JSON
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration, including one or more of the following build/deploy/version control tools:
- uBuild / uDeploy
- Experience in all or some of the following programming platform:
- Linux and Bash scripting
- Ruby, Python, PHP or Perl
- RESTful APIs/JSON
- Mobile development
- Experience in developing in Cloud environment
- Knowledge of SOA, Cloud and multi-tenant architectures
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
Karsun Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.