As an Automobile Fleet Maintenance Manager and Director of Automotive, you are a dynamic leader in charge of maximizing efficiency and profitability by managing the vehicles used by your company and the drivers who operate them. You may be asked to research and select vehicles for purchase, keep careful records on vehicle use and maintenance, decommission and resell unwanted vehicles that no longer meet company needs. Your responsibilities as a fleet manager include all fleet logistics and monitoring all aspects of costs from vehicle wear to fuel costs.
Fleet Managers are logistics specialists in the transportation industry. Their primary responsibilities include purchasing and maintaining vehicles, registering and licensing vehicles and finding ways to cut costs and maximize profits.
Fleet Manager Job Description
We are looking for highly organized candidates with excellent leadership abilities, technically savvy with good quantitative and data analytics for the position of Fleet Maintenance Manager. Fleet Managers are responsible for maintaining detailed records of vehicle service and inspection and scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency, among other duties.
Fleet Manager Responsibilities:
Maintain electronic databases of sales, registration, inspections and maintenance of fleet management.
Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and surveying current user trends.
Maintain knowledge and utilize all fleet information and user surveys to forecast new requirements.
Arrange fleets and fleet operational staff to provide support and schedules.
Perform vehicle registration, insurance and DMV formalities and documentation regarding introduction of new vehicles in existing fleet.
Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance, obtain tags for new vehicles and renew old ones to ensure scheduled fleet management.
Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with local and state rules and regulations.
Maintain and monitor data management system to organize fleets as per various schedules and requests.
Participate in various workshops and educational programs and maintain knowledge on all industry relevant publications.
Develop and implement operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in industry.
Provide direction to department staff to regulate budget cycle requirements and control budgeting process.
Plan, process and execute vehicle purchase and vehicle replacement.
Plan and prepare annual budget, expenditures and analyze all financial objectives.
Facilitate and implement corrective actions,capacity and utilization methodology to manage entire fleet to achieve company objectives.
- Purchasing and maintaining vehicles.
- Registering and licensing all vehicles under their management.
- Finding ways to cut costs and maximize profits.
- Developing strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensuring strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
- Analyzing data to increase business operational efficiency.
Fleet Manager Requirements:
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Accounting.
- 2+ years in a logistics and/or Supply Chain Management role.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Quantitative ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor