Perform repairs to automotive body to include disassembly and reassembly, exterior plastic and composite repair, body part or panel replacement and preparation for refinish (paint). This position is in a production environment at the Manheim Auction facility
- Review repair order or tracking label to verify work to be performed
- Remove and replace or restore defective panels and other components as required
- Apply surface coatings following applicable procedures and disposal processes.
- Finish all repairs in accordance with repair order and to customer satisfaction
- Complete and submit required completed repair documentation
- Follow all applicable safety and health procedures
- Education & High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Paint Training Certification meeting HAPS 6H preferred.
- Valid Respirator Fit Test Certificate preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds (e.g., tools, equipment, etc.).
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception.
- 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to adjust focus.
- 1 - 3 years of collision and/or mechanical estimating experience preferred.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando-9800 Bachman Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing