- Responsible for working alongside the Estimator & Shop Manager in processing files
- Customer / Insurance / Vendor communications and managing assigned tasks, accounts, and reconciliation and billing files.
- Assists and handles with incoming phone calls as needed.
- Assists and handles the filing system as requested.
- Keeps customers updated with their vehicles' status and updates the system accordingly. Posts all conversations with insurance companies and customers into the management system.
- Greets customers and acquires their appropriate information and explains all shop policies.
- Inspects vehicles and completes prior damage report and ensures all photos are inserted into the system.
- Walks around the vehicle and fills-up an existing damage sheet and has customer sign forms.
- Inquiries about damage details with the customer.
- Calls the insurance company and notify them of the vehicle location, confirms coverage and asks for inspection of the vehicle.
- Makes sure customer removes valuable personal items from the vehicle at the time of arrival and understands – “Empire State Auto will not be responsible for any lost or missing items left in the vehicle.”
- Reviews all payment policies with the customer.
- Acquires all necessary signatures on invoices as needed for repairs to begin
- Discusses with the customer the need for a rental car and provide it as fast as possible.
- Confirms Daily Rental Fee and the coverage period.
- Organize & Coordinate the Insurance company estimates - This will include original and supplemental estimates with labor hours, materials and parts.
- Posts all invoices
- Learns how to interpret & understand basic estimates.
Candidate should have:
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Prefer Auto Body Collision work experience
- Customer Service, Customer Satisfaction or Customer Care experience is required
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines
- You are highly organized with outstanding attention to detail
- Individual who is creative and offers new ideas
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment