GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
GP Sandy, a division of GP Strategies engages a wide variety of professionals to design and develop performance improvement/marketing programs for the Automotive OEMs.
Automotive Electrical Instructor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches engineering information to develop training materials on vehicle electrical systems for current and future production.
- Delivers training to production employees on-site at clients manufacturing facilities.
- Provides expert on-the-job coaching to repair technicians relative to determination of root cause and vehicle repair procedures pertaining to difficult electrical system malfunctions
- Fulfills the role of a technical lead providing the client with expertise to help resolve engineering, product, and production issues during all phases of pilot build, product launch and production.
- Provides input to client regarding training requirements for a particular vehicle, system or launch.
- Works frequently as part of a cross functional team.
- Travels to client sites as needed approx 50% with overnight needed.
- 5+ years of experience (previous experience in dealership as service technician or manufacturing plant)
- Previous training experience is a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of current Automotive Vehicle System Operation, Diagnostics, and Repair (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Knowledge of vehicle communications systems (CAN/LIN/K-Line), sensors, and electronic controls
- Automotive Electrical diagnostic tool usage (Scan tool, DVOM, Scopes, CANalyzer tools, etc.)
- Vehicle Electrical Configuration/Vehicle Electrical Integrity System
- End Of Line (EOL) Testing Processes a plus
- Equipment Design/Operation/Troubleshooting
- Module Flash/Programming Familiarity
- Drive Vehicle Test (DVT) process familiarity
- Problem solving manufacturing issues related to production design / documentation
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint )
- Familiar with wireless communication systems
- Able to work in cross-functional & cross-cultural environment
- ASE Certification
Must be able to satisfy requirements for pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.