We Promise to Care
We understand that we offer more than just car service. We rescue people from bad days and we offer solutions for difficult situations. We are people of integrity and we believe that fundamental honesty is the keystone of our business. We are committed to doing the hard work necessary to earn the loyalty of our teammates and our customers by providing a positive experience every time. We are proud and passionate to represent the brand of Bridgestone. Every day, in every store, with every teammate and every customer….We promise to care!
Our Purpose: To be the most trusted provider of automotive care in every neighborhood we serve.
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC employs over 22,000 teammates in North America and operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores. Our locations include Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus, Hibdon Tires and Wheel Works.
Apply today to learn more about why Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build your career!
**SIGN ON BONUS TO THOSE WHO QUALIFY**
We need your experience and technical expertise. You have worked hard to get to where you are but it is about more that just fixing cars. Bridgestone Retail Operations is seeking candidates who can diagnose drivability, electrical, and whose leadership can increase customer care and satisfaction. Your knowledge of the automotive industry is EXACTLY what the customer needs. If you’re looking to set the pace, mentor the team, and continue to grow your career apply today!
- Diagnose and repair to specifications – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintain an organized and neat bay.
- Adhere to all company policy, procedure, safety and environmental rules.
Our Lead Master Technicians are expected to help provide thought leadership, mentoring, and on-the-job training for other Automotive Technicians at your location.
This position is a leader in the shop. We expect you to help set the pace and tone while helping to develop the team around you. Collaboration and a team first mentality are a must if you are looking for success in this role. In addition we require review the following to measure your fit for this role:
Minimum Requirements for Automotive Lead Technician/Mechanic
- A valid driver’s license
- 5+ years of automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience
- Customer service minded and strong work ethic
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 5 or more ASE certifications preferred
We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
“One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."