Job Summary: To manage TMT Shoplink software on daily basis. Maintains accurate parts inventory and cost expensing to proper equipment. Maintains parts database, as well as updating unit costs as required by market changes. To relieve shop foremen from spending time searching/quoting vendors for required parts/services. Maintains approved vendor list within Shoplink for maintenance parts and service providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Stocking parts bins.
- Tag all bins with correct bar codes for part numbers.
- Charge parts to equipment being repaired.
- Issue parts to R.O. (repair order)
- Data entry of all received parts with updates relative to current costs.
- Quotes on parts orders with the exception of National Accounts corporate negotiated pricing.
- Print out all repair orders daily for review by Shop Foreman.
- Maintain all updates for TMT Shoplink to include equipment and personnel changes.
- Inventory Control.
- Assists Shop Foreman in pulling parts for large jobs.
- Order needed parts after review/approval of Shop Foreman.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Review daily D.V.I.R.’s and present to Shop Foreman for assignment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of shop parts/services
- Knowledge of computerized inventory systems
- Excellent communication and people skills
- High degree of motivation and attention to details
- Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages
- Ability to multitask and establish priorities
- Ability to identify, report, and execute on recurring problems
Credentials and Experience
High School Diploma
Technical Degree a plus
Shop Parts Management experience, transportation/trucking experience preferred. Ability to assist with moderate lifting/lowering. Ability to work in various climate conditions. Willing to work overtime as required.
Ability to multi-task, manages vendors, mechanics, work assignments, audit repair orders, work on equipment as needed.
Resumes are not accepted. Interested candidates MUST submit an on-line application at www.customco.com, click APPLY NOW and scroll down to the link for this position to apply.