A Technician B is an entry level automotive journeymen training to become an automotive technician. Requires a minimum of one year of supervised automotive shop experience and apprenticeship. Candidate must demonstrate the competence and ability to work under limited supervision. The position requires the ability to achieve an efficiency level of seventy five percent or greater. Candidate must have the ability to take direction, a positive attitude, and perform high quality work.
- Perform repairs using basic knowledge of automotive concepts in the following areas: heating and air conditioning, electrical and electronic systems and brakes.
- Must achieve and maintain an efficiency level of sixty five percent or greater.
- Safely operate all shop equipment.
- Take direction and perform high quality work meeting all Company standards.
- Maintain and protect company owned property.
- Follow Company safety protocol at all times and keep work area cleaned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year experience in light or medium duty automotive service facility.
- Personal tools not required.
- Requires the ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License with passenger and air brake endorsement.
- Requires the ability to pass ASE certification test.
- Must have a positive, professional attitude.
- Must be punctual.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Will be required to do frequent kneeling, stooping, squatting, crawling and climbing to perform multiple tasks of position.
- Must have good manual dexterity.
- Must have the ability to maintain a valid Commercial License, which includes successfully completing the DOT Medical Exam, Driving Test and all other license requirements.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 3 - 5 years