A mid-level (Level 2) Automotive Technician provides a high-quality vehicle maintenance and repairs. Provides service and delivery of vehicles with exceptional service to customers and is mindful of the control of costs. The technician may work independently or in a team environment.
- Perform Vehicle Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies.
- Performs some more complex repairs, advanced diagnostics, engine and driveline diagnosis and parts replacement and some fabrication.
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include diagnosis and repair of: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- Perform a predefined inspection and light to moderate mechanical repairs to a vehicle.
- Perform necessary minor to moderate repairs to vehicles such as:
- Mount and Balance tires
- Replace bulbs/fuse as needed to complete functionality of associated system
- Replace drive belts
- Brake repairs on disc brake systems and conventional drum brakes
- Coolant system repairs
- A/C leak test/ evacuate and recharge
- Maintain assigned work area and overall shop in clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Perform all assigned work in a safe and conscientious manner at all times as directed by management and Manheim’s safety standards.
- Handle and dispose of all fluids as defined by MSDS and in accordance with all Federal, State and local regulations.
- Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records as defined/directed by management.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors and other Manheim associates for parts and repairs. May perform roadside assistance as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of vehicle service and repair experience; 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- Industry certifications such as electrical and A/C desired.
- OE specific mechanical certifications desired.
- Front end, suspension and brake certifications desired.
- Computer and Scan tool/drivability diagnosis knowledge preferred.
- 4 ASE certifications preferred.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology and changes as they occur.
- Requires some A.S.E. Automotive or Truck Certification or other related certifications.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.