The Jaguar Land Rover Veteran Careers Program is designed to promote the hiring of qualified United States Military Veterans, Transitioning Military Service Members, and currently serving National Guard and Reserve Component Members in good standing at participating Jaguar Land Rover Retailers throughout the nation. Selection for the program is highly competitive in keeping with the tradition of professionalism found in both the Armed Forces and the Jaguar and Land Rover brands. The primary goal of this initiative is to recruit and train former military maintenance and repair technicians and mechanics to become brand-certified Jaguar or Land Rover Automotive Service Technicians. Veteran candidates must meet the requisite qualifications, experience and capability requirements, and be willing to attend a three-week long in-resident instruction and certification course upon hiring. Hired Veterans must further be willing to make a long-term commitment to their respective Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Employer.
* This employment opportunity is a DOL, GI Bill® Approved Level 2 Certified Technician Apprenticeship Program. Eligible Veterans may use their GI Bill® housing allowance, for the first year of employment.
The JLR Automotive Service Technician core job description (After formal training & OJT):
- Performing assigned work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing repairs, if authorized by Service Consultants (for customers).
- Coordinating with the Parts Department to ensure availability of parts.
- Saving and tagging parts if under warranty or if requested by Service Consultants (for customers).
- Examining the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notifying Service Consultants if additional work is needed or if repairs/work cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Documenting work performed as directed by Service Consultants.
- Road testing vehicles to ensure quality of repair and ensuring vehicles remain clean.
- Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and attending factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keeping the shop area neat and clean and remaining accountable for all tools used.
- Understanding and complying with federal, state and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other policies, procedures and programs as required.
- Wear appropriate PPE, to include safety glasses. Maintaining safety awareness at all times.
- The Service Technician will be required to work closely with others or independently, if needed.
- Dealership uniforms are required.
Qualifications, Experience and Capability Requirements:
- An Honorable Discharge from the United States Military and the ability to provide proof of service and discharge.
- Valid driver's license and a clear driving record
- Ability to pass the following pre-employment screening requirements ( drug screening, credit score, Motor Vehicle record report and a background investigation)
- Formal military schooling in a technical field such as mechanical, power generation, aviation maintenance, electrical, electronics, hydraulic systems, or other parallel technical specialized skills. Must be able to provide proof of technical training and Job Designation.
- In the absence of formal military schooling in a technical field, the candidate must provide proof of successful completion of one year or more of full-time formal Vocational Technical Automotive Training in a private institution completed within the past five years. Transcripts are required.
- Completion of at least three years working in the specific technical field of study at the unit, organizational, ship, base, installation or direct support maintenance level (and maintained a high level of experience within the past 3). Must be able to provide proof of work experience and Job Designation.
- Manual dexterity in both hands and the ability to manipulate small objects.
- Must be able to:
- Operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely.
- Drive a manual transmission (for road tests).
- Read and comprehend technical instruction.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and operate hoist and test equipment.
- Sit, bend, stoop and/or stand for extended periods (up to 8 hours or more)and kneel, crawl, bend, reach, push, pull and maneuver in a shop environment safely and as needed.
- While most shops have a controlled climate and are well ventilated, must be able to work in an environment that may have exposure to: Petroleum products, dust, hot or cold temperatures, loud noises, strong odors (exhaust fumes) and assorted other distractors.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with the public.
- Must be willing to complete mandated online training, as assigned during initial interview and screening process.
- Must agree to sign a third-party release for the purpose of sharing all candidate application and screening information with Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (JLRNA) and/or its affiliated Retailers.
- Must be willing to accept a minimum 12 month employment obligation upon hiring.
For additional information Contact:
US Army (Retired)
Automotive Technical Recruiter
Industry Management Services