MOUNTAINLAND TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Invites applications for the position of:
Automotive Technology Lab Assistant
Location: 2301 W. Ashton Blvd Lehi, Utah 84043
Status:Part Time/ Non- Exempt
Hours: 7:00 AM to 10:30 AM, Monday through Friday
*This is an at will, grant position from October 1st to June 30th.*
- Assists in developing instructional methods
- Supervision of lab work with emphasis that all safety practices are followed
- Performs spot checks and corrects, guides, and facilitates that proper industry practices and procedures are being followed at all times while students are working in the shop
- Maintains shop hand tool storage and tool maintenance
- Helps with filing and other clerical duties as needed
- Assists with classroom instruction when needed
- Ensures student success by being proactive and self-motivated to help keep the program running smoothly
- Maintains student to teacher ratio to ensure students have a good learning experience in our program.
- This position requires that the TA is knowledgeable about the material covered during the course.
- The TA may be required to substitute and must be able to teach the information scheduled for that day.
- This position also requires a lot of patience and ability to help students.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- 4 ASE Certifications, and/or 2 years' experience in industry as a technician
MTECH maintains the right to conduct a criminal history background check; employment is contingent upon background check results