Job Req ID: JR-40045713
Goodyear. More Driven.
Goodyear owns and operates more than 580 tire and auto service centers nationwide. We offer a fun, fast paced work environment, with competitive base pay. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical plans, 401(k), certification reimbursement and paid vacations. At Goodyear we invest in you and your future by providing excellent training for our technician, sales team and management positions. We offer fast track career advancement opportunities for hard working, team players who can deliver results. If you are looking for more than a job, apply today and begin your career with the tire and auto service innovation leader!
As an Automotive Tire & Service Advisor, you will gain hands-on experience in one of Goodyear's Auto Service centers by making meaningful connections with guests, while delivering outstanding service. You will also become familiar with quality, sales, and profitability and how to be successful in a team environment. The Automotive Tire & Service Advisor is responsible for providing an outstanding service experience by making meaningful connections with new and returning guests. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Drive sales and profitability for the store location by selling tires and recommended automotive services by communicating benefits and product features appropriately
- Build guest relationships and ensure guest satisfaction through understanding their needs
- Communicate all advertising and promotion of products and services
- Take responsibility for guest interactions from the initial experience through completed service including checking in, scheduling appointment, accurately estimating time requirements, and checking out
- Contribute to promotional merchandising and special events
- Effectively communicate all warranties, promotions, and advertisements to guests
- Utilize tools provided to make recommendations to guests based on manufacturing guidelines
- Assist Service Manager in communicating information about guest vehicles, as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work and guest area
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including consumer tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting.
- Previous Automotive Guest Service experience
- Valid driver's license
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- No relocation is being offered for this position
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous tire sales experience
- Previous automotive service sales experience
- Strong work ethic; independently motivated to produce results with limited influence from others
- Hard worker, someone who works diligently to get tasks done and demonstrates personal characteristics, such as responsibility, dependability, conscientiousness, communication, and teamwork
- Ability to review, analyze, and interpret information, identify problems, and make decisions
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and guidelines
- Depending on location, our stores may be open 7 days a week from 7am-8pm, which may include weekends and some holidays
- Commitment to following established safety policies and procedures.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call the number below.
Goodyear (312) 915-5548
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment:Advertising, QA, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Quality, Technology