AV TechnicianOperations & TechnologyTechnologyNew YorkNew YorkAt NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.The Audio Video Support department is seeking an IT/ Audio Video Conferencing Technician. The selected candidate will support day-to-day video conferencing and help plan, develop, and implement our company’s in-house video conferencing systems and Telepresence systems. Partner with senior members the Special Support Team to ensure all corporate video conferencing is operating at optimal levels at all times.
- Support audio and video conferencing and Telepresence meetings throughout the environment.
- Provide technical support and problem resolution for video conferencing equipment and escalate as needed.
- Provide desktop support to computers that are brought in to the video conference environment.
- Provide pro-active maintenance of the AV equipment in conference rooms (Preventive Maintenance bi-weekly)
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve and enhance video conferencing services to internal and external customers.
- Support IP and Cisco Telepresence System.
- Support Digital signage monitors
- Help the Technology Build team test/document the new conference room setups.
- Assist clients with company/personally owned devices and PC/s, MACS connect to network and external displays in a conference room setting
- Installs/removes/configures PC hardware and software.
- Be early for all scheduled commitments, start times are to be treated as “on-air” or ready to work.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and occasional weekends
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience supporting AV equipment, Cisco, Polycom, Lifesize, Tandburg video conferencing devices
- Creston DMC-D-4K Certified
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac platforms, with knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and LAN/WAN topologies is a plus
- Knowledge of DVD, Blu-Ray, DVR and other multimedia equipment’s.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 & 10, Office 365 (2016), MacOS
- Knowledge of live video and audio production equipment a plus
- Knowledge of Digital signage
- Understanding of SCCM, Jamf & Live production a Plus
- Knowledge of new AV and other Multimedia equipment (Roku, Apple TV, Slingbox etc.)
- Able to effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively as part of a project / program team and foster team cooperation.
- Passionate about staying current with technology changes.
- Customer-service skills are a must in this position due to exposure to senior-level executives.
- Interact with other colleagues at all levels in the coordination of day-to-day activities.