Apex Systems currently has an opening in Columbus, OH for an AV/VTC Technician. If interested, please send your most up-to-date resume to Chris Douthat at email@example.com
- Updating and maintaining current AV/VTC deployments using Government supplied and/or other approved hardware, subsequent upgrades/patches/versions/releases and AV/VTC unique applications.
- Ensuring compliance as outlined in the AV/VTC Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) on all DLA Information Operations AV/VTC setups.
- Providing Standard and Advanced AV/VTC Support for hardware/software configuration, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Providing technical support for AV/VTC update software installation and configuration issues and providing resolution. Trouble tickets shall be input, updated and maintained using the current Remedy Help Desk software application or any subsequent Help Desk applications.
- Evaluating and performing technical review of all DLA Information Operations AV/VTC hardware/software acquisition requests.
- Providing enterprise support for DLA, Information Operations at Site AV/VTC equipment, to include CODECs, AV/VTC network connections and controllers, wired/wireless interfaces, audio controllers, data interfaces, Cable TV, CCTV other miscellaneous AV/VTC equipment and other commonly used peripherals within the Government computing environment
- Contacting appropriate vendor repair personnel for warranty and/or proprietary repairs, as required. Explaining and demonstrating the malfunction to the appropriate equipment/hardware vendor responding to the warranty call. Verifying that the repairs made by the servicing vendor are proper and fix the problem
- Providing subject matter expertise to onsite support technicians in the setup and deployment of AV/VTC systems as required.
- Providing knowledge transfer to DLA Information Operations personnel in the deployment and administration of the AV/VTC system.
- Providing Advanced AV/VTC Support for all Site personnel,
- Researching potential impacts for upgrades and implementation of AV/VTC products currently in use including: patches, upgrades, service packs and applications. Providing recommendations to limit customer downtime.
- Providing AV/VTC Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to DLA Information Operations IT Management and DLA Headquarters.
- Responding to DLA CERT Advisories, Bulletins and Tasking, and ensure all AV/VTC equipment and transmissions are secure from vulnerabilities
- Researching current market technology to address AV/VTC issues and inform/advise DLA Information Operations personnel.
- Preparing and briefing on specific projects/findings as required.
- Identifying and recommending power and LAN (Local Area Network) requirements for full AV/VTC functionality.
- Creating or updating network diagrams from an AV/VTC point of view.
- Creating system configuration documentation for all AV/VTC systems.
- Creating user job aides to facilitate setup and operation of AV/VTC sessions without administrator intervention.
- Creating step-by-step equipment configuration guides to ensure standard equipment configurations throughout the agency.
Experience, Certification, Training, and Security Requirements:
- Three (3) years of progressive Information Technology (IT) experience in an AV/VTC support role.
- Candidates must be US Citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance as a condition of employment
- IAT-II Level Certification Required (One of the following: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP).
- Cisco Meeting App Foundation – Must be completed prior to start.
- CIVND Part 1 Training - Must be completed prior to start.
Additional details to the opportunity would include:
- Designs and plans network systems.
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178