McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean has an opening in theSan Diego area for a non-nuclear surface ship subject matter expert. The expert will provide analysis and recommendations to support to Fleet Maintenance & Industrial Management, Systems Engineering, and Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC) initiatives. The position requires the employee to plan non-nuclear, US Navy Maintenance and Modernization Availabilities with regard to schedule, cost,content and technical considerations, assess and report risks to availability schedule and cost; and provide expert advice to Senior Navy Leadership at the Type Commander level for pragmatic decision making.
- Apply technical expertise, practical engineering judgment, and business acumen to the research, development, and design of life cycle maintenance & modernization for non-nuclear surface ships
- Use the Microsoft Office suite of products proficiently, especially Microsoft Excel
- Provide analysis and recommendation to provide direct support for Fleet Maintenance & Industrial Management, Systems Engineering and QA/QC initiatives
- Research, create and brief programmatic and technical white papers addressing top attention items up to the Flag/SES level
- Assist in Risk Management (RSKM) and program reviews, IPTs, working groups for naval programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and great customer interaction
- A working knowledge of current Fleet maintenance procedures associated with published Navy directives, including the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM)
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- 7 or more years of experience Fleet shipboard maintenance.
- 7-10 years dedicated experience in related industry or Civil Service
- Uniformed or Civil Service,or Industrial experience in the planning / executionof Naval Ship Maintenance Availabilities.
- Candidate must have an active DoD security clearance
Equal Opportunity Employerminorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.