Velocity Aerospace Group provides aviation Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO) services to a global base of commercial air transports, corporate business aircraft, regional airlines, and helicopters, operating FAA-certified repair stations in California and Florida that offer a broad range of test, repair, and overhaul services, including unique capabilities in avionics, accessories, electronic instrumentation, cockpit panel, and system repairs.
Velocity Aerospace - NMB
Inspect, repair and overhaul components to insure airworthiness. Reads and interprets manufacturer and airline instructions, service bulletins, drawings, engineering orders, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement, or modification.
- Ensuring that they are thoroughly familiar with the inspection methods, techniques, aids, tools and equipment used within their assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintaining proficiency in using the inspection aids in their assigned area of
- Ensuring that the inspection tools and equipment, including inspection aids, used to perform inspections are in proper working order and the proper calibration information is fixed.
- Performing maintenance and alteration tasks on civil aviation articles in accordance with the current technical data provided in the manufacturers' Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, Service Bulletins, service letters, Airworthiness Directives, government and industry standard practices, and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA.
- Understanding the current specifications involving inspection tolerances, limitations, and procedures established by the manufacturer of the article(s) being inspected.
- Ensuring all inspections are properly performed and recorded, and all records are properly executed before final approval for return to service of articles maintained or altered by this repair station.
Required Education and Experience
- 2-5 years' experience preferably in an MRO environment.
- Experience in aircraft manufacturing, installation, and repair/overhaul of aircraft components. Familiar with aircraft specifications as applied to final and in-process inspections.
- Hands-on, direct experience with components required.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the applicable CFRs and with the inspection methods, techniques, practices, aids, equipment, and tools used to determine the airworthiness of the article on which maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alterations are being performed.
- Is proficient in using various types of inspection equipment and visual inspection aids appropriate for the articles being inspected and approved for return to service.
- Understands, reads, and writes English.
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Accidental Injury insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 3.5 percent of the first 6 percent of eligible compensation you contribute.
- Tuition reimbursement
Phone calls or faxes will not be accepted. No agencies please.
Velocity Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer