Aviation Quality Inspector
Aero-Air, LLC, a premier aviation company, is seeking an experienced Aviation Quality Inspector to join our exceptional growing team of maintenance professionals. The preferred candidate will have experience directing, planning and laying out the details of inspection standards, methods and procedures used by the Repair Station in complying with all applicable FAA Regulations, manufacturer's specifications and recommendations.
- Ensures that all inspections are properly performed and that the proper inspection records, reports, forms and Certificate of Conformance used by the repair station are properly executed prior to the release of the aircraft/article for return to service/issuance of Certificate of Conformance/8130-3.
- Responsible for final airworthiness decisions for company and customer aircraft and first article inspections.
- Responsible to ensure customer and company aircraft, maintenance employees, shop, paperwork and procedures are in compliance with all FAA regulations.
- Coordinate and maintain records for periodic checks of all inspection tools and the calibration of precision test equipment used by the Repair Station.
- Ensure company manuals (FAA and Manufacturer), FAA specifications, type certificate data sheets and Airworthiness Directives are up to date.
- Responsible for ascertaining that maintenance records are properly maintained and retrievable.
- Ensures that purchase order requirement are met, paperwork is received and correct, ensures complete trace-ability in accordance with company requirements..
- Accomplish the final acceptance of all incoming material, including new parts, supplies and the airworthiness of articles on which work has been performed outside the Repair Station by contract. Conduct visual and measurement tests, rejects unacceptable materials and /or products as required.
- Proactively and in collaboration with peers, recommend changes in Quality Assurance processes and organization, industry standards and specific skill areas.
- FAA A&P Certificate.
- FAA IA. (preferred)
- Previous experience in high tolerance-machined part dimensional inspection
- Ability to read blueprints and use precision measuring tools (micrometers, calipers, comparators, gauges, etc.)
- Previous experience with air frame structural parts.
- 3-5 years' experience in Quality Assurance/Airworthiness Conformity.
- 5 years' experience maintaining/inspecting GA, and corporate aircraft.
- Extensive familiarity with FAR 145 and 135 as they pertain to aircraft maintenance and airworthiness conformity.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Experience working in a FAR 145 shop.
Favorable results from pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required. We offer a competitive wage/benefit package including medical benefits, voluntary dental, voluntary vision, short term and long term disability, life/AD&D, 401(k).
Aero Air, LLC prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans status.