Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Aviation Maintenance Logistics Manager
- The Aviation Maintenance Logistics Manager shall be experienced in coordinating logistical requirements submitted by the operational sites and interfacing with the customer throughout the procurement lifecycle to ensure rights part/right time are met to sustain mission requirements.
- The Aviation Maintenance Logistics Manager shall have knowledge of, and ability to, validate aircraft parts status, inventory aircraft and perform budget accounting. The candidate shall have experience in the maintenance and updating of aircraft data collection systems files.
- The Aviation Maintenance Logistics Manager is responsible for the overall management of material requirements and control necessary for support of the CBP program. Direct and manage all logistics personnel while serving as the Point of Contact on all material related issues. Reports to the Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manges the personnel and processes of initiating purchase requisitions, transportation of goods, allocation of procurements, within Federal Acquisition Regulations Subpart 45, Defense FAR Supplement Subpart 245 and other program requirements.
- Manages third party logistic support for the CBP maintenance contract to include following up with vendors, monitoring engine overhauls and other various repairs associated with aviation maintenance.
- Generate and submit Contract Deliverables
- Perform in a high-pressure environment with a proven aptitude of adaptation to a changing mission profile that requires creative problem-solving techniques
- Provide leadership with KPI’s and necessary data to ensure adequate logistic support.
- Provides cost estimates and explain variances between budgeted, estimated and actual cost of material for the contract.
- Forecasts shortfalls through min/max analysis and trend monitoring.
- Manage contract material funding and special contract funds.
- Ensures DOT and other transportation requirements are adhered to.
- Ensures inventory control of Government assets for the entire program.
- Ensure Intensive Assets are managed and have inventory control procedures in place for the program.
- Prepare all necessary correspondence required in the performance of this effort for Government review, approval and release.
- Ensure uninterrupted logistic support services during maintenance operations.
- Establish and maintain written procedures for the proper control of Government Furnished Property.
- Submit changes to established procedures ensuring all functions are consistent with written procedures.
- Establish and maintain stocking levels of Government Property to ensure materials are available to meet maintenance requirements.
- Maintain inventory at lowest possible cost to the Government.
- Interface with Government counterparts on issues involving procedural deficiencies.
- Enforce all Company and Government safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintain accurate records of Government Property throughout the acquisition and disposition process.
- Expeditiously respond to employee suggestions/concerns pertaining to potential improvements within the Material Division.
- The Aviation Maintenance Logistics Manager shall have eight years FAA or DoD/DHS related aviation supply experience.
- Experience in and capable of managing supply functions such as storage, issue, inspection, research, repairable processing, shipping, receiving, warehousing, aircraft maintenance support, preparing requisitions, procurement, and accounting for aircraft parts and equipment.
- Extensive working knowledge of Government Property Control/ Procurement procedures.
- The leadership and management skills to direct assigned personnel to comply with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to successfully communicate both orally and in writing.
- May be required to travel on Company business
- Secret clearance required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification’s activities range from, an office-like environment with extensive sitting demands to a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a flight line environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other computer based system as required
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- May be required to have a security clearance and passport in the performance of duties.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Minimum BA Degree in Management/Procurement related field (experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree or supplement an alternative degree)
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.