The Southern California office of Burns & McDonnell is looking for an Aviation Project Manager to build a strong regional presence to service local clients in the aviation, aerospace, and federal markets.
This individual will grow a project team, further client relationships around our major clients in the west region, and build a national reputation for execution.
Ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate activities of several disciplines on a project of moderate to large scope or a combination of smaller projects
- Project manage and pursue a wide variety of aviation, airline and federal government projects
- Oversee proposal development for project pursuits
- Assist in the direction of project planning, budgeting and in establishing project critical path objectives
- Manage project resources and sub-consultants
- Provide inspirational leadership by attracting, retaining, motivating and developing high caliber, multi-discipline talent
- Collaborate with managers, marketing staff and other Burns & McDonnell Global Practices to identify and analyze business development opportunities that are strategically aligned with the west region aviation global practice objectives
- Assist in the identification of target clients for Burns & McDonnell and cultivate effective relationships with existing and potential key clients, customers and contractors to develop business
- Develop pursuit strategy, capture plan development, go/no-go decisions to pre-sell projects well in advance of RFP release
- Participate in necessary regional trade associations (AGC, EDC, ACEC, Chamber) and professional organizations (ASCE, CMAA, DBIA, AAAE).
- Will initially support the development and contracting of new pursuits, then execute projects in support of identified Burns & McDonnell client/s. In time, position will be responsible for expansion to new clients throughout the west region.
- This position reports to the regional aviation development director/regional global practice leader
- Bachelor's degree in architecture and/or engineering.
- Minimum 10 years related experience, including resident engineering and/or field experience on airport terminal and facility projects. Minimum 5 or more years managing complex airport and airline projects. Project size may vary.
- Project roles include heavy involvement as project manager, lead design engineer, resident engineering and/or field experience on airfield, airport terminal and facility projects.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Ability to quickly build long-term connections with internal and external clients by networking. Strong leadership, problem solving and project finance skills.
- Solid understanding of FAA criteria is required.
- Previous consulting experience preferred. Professional Registration in CA preferred