Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Aviation Quality Manager/Director (Nellis AFB)
**This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Quality Manager (QM) will be able to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work site. Candidates must demonstrate ability to successfully execute multiple complex tasks simultaneously; as well as the ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently. The candidate must be capable of quickly learning and using new technology to support project operations, with the flexibility to support multiple changing project needs. The QM will have experience, education, and training that involve planning, developing, or administering quality control/assurance programs supporting the systematic prevention of defects and non-conformances, the identification of unsatisfactory trends and conditions, and the correction of factors which may contribute to defective items or services.
- Review of the previous day, current day, and next day’s activities with the Program Manager, DOM, Wing and Group leadership, and flying squadrons, focused on identifying and resolving detractors to mission success
- Interface with Air Force senior leadership at the Wing and Group levels, gain cooperation and consensus, coordinate across the organization to resolve issues, and build a cohesive team
- Lead the quality team to produce a quality focus with continuous improvement across the organization
- Lead the training team to produce a learning organization focused on continued knowledge and skills development
- Lead, manage, and plan the quality control activities performed by the project team
- Ability to establish program objectives and performance goals and assess progress
- Audit technical and managerial processes to ensure compliance
- Record and track non-compliance issues to closure
- Tailor and implement the PAE Quality Management System according to contract requirements
- Provide an independent assessment of how the project's processes are being implemented and recommend methods to optimize the organization's processes
- Responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Conduct audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation
- Prepare detailed, accurate reports of all Quality Control inspections, results, corrective actions, recommended preventive actions, trends analyses, and compliance to contract requirements
- The QM shall have a minimum of 15 years’ experience as a quality control manager on USAF aircraft maintenance contracts or equivalent military experience.
- Experience in the application of ISO 9001 and AS9110 principles (preferred)
- Experience in implementing USAF Maintenance Standardization and Evaluation Program (MSEP)
- Experience conducting root cause analysis, developing corrective actions, implementing improvements, and follow-up
- Bachelor’s Degree is mandatory
- Attendance of USAF senior level maintenance management course (desirable)
- DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Lean Six Sigma green belt or higher is desirable
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.