Avionics Firmware Engineer II
Why ENSCO? ENSCO is a stable, family-owned, employee focused company that delivers innovative engineering, science, and advanced technology solutions to the aerospace, avionics, national security, and rail technology industries.
Are you a Firmware Engineer with full life cycle development for Avionics DO-254 Firmware & digital design systems? Yes? Then join the ENSCO Avionics team! This position will include working with requirements through integration of VHDL coded FPGA devices, the generation of PLD requirements, verification plans, VHDL source code, design synthesis, place & route, internal timing analysis, power dissipation analysis, simulation verification, and hardware test procedures.
Come explore what ENSCO has to offer and share with us the talents and skills you'll bring to our innovative, unique organization. Go Team ENSCO!
Qualifications Required (Skills)
• U.S. Citizenship required
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 2 years' relevant work experience
• Experience with requirements through integration of VHDL coded FPGA / PLD devices
• Experience with FPGA / PLD Timing Analysis
• Experience using ModelSim or similar tool for design simulation and code coverage
• Experience with DO-254 process including PHAC & HAS
• Generation and SOI review involvement
• Configuration Management (CM) experience including IBM Rational DOORS, IBM Rational Synergy, Visible Systems Razor, and Windchill Document Management
• Experience with Matlab and Simulink for auto generation of FPGA code
• Script generation (ASCII, C, Python, etc.)
General Education/Years of Experience
BS or equiv; 2 yrs exp
Drug Screen Type: Pre-employment Drug
Background Check Type: 7 year
For more than 30 years, ENSCO Avionics has developed sophisticated airborne systems for the aerospace industry to meet DO-178C, DO-254, DO-278A, and military standards for manned and unmanned systems.
ENSCO Avionics focus is on safety- and mission-critical software and programmable hardware engineering solutions, custom display development, tailored synthetic vision applications, integration test solutions, and the IData® Tool Suite.
ENSCO Avionics, based in Endicott, N.Y., is a wholly owned subsidiary of ENSCO, Inc. www.ensco.com/avionics
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.