Perform inspection, repair, calibrate and test aircraft systems and subsystems in support of the Erickson Inc.’s H-53E Maintenance Program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs disassembly, cleaning, inspection, repair, fabrication, maintenance, and assembly of aircraft and aircraft electrical/avionic parts, components and wiring. Documents work per company, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Inspects H-53E in accordance with NAVAIR 1-1A-505 series and applicable ERFED’s.
- Reads and interprets schematics, prints, and wiring diagrams.
- Works in a team environment and follows Erickson’s Values Charter.
- Troubleshoots and corrects electrical/avionic discrepancies during inspection, test and operations.
- Performs administrative duties e.g. Time entry, DAX, Training classes, creates, revises and uses department documents, etc.) as required by Erickson company and department requirements.
- Orders, receives and returns parts in accordance with company policies
- Maintains an organized work area and good housekeeping practices.
- Performs Lean, Standard work and continuous process improvements.
- Mentors, trains, and coaches new employees when qualified as a mentor or trainer.
- Performs duties of an Inspector if task qualified. Percentage of time required is different for different Inspectors based on the quantity of areas employee is task qualified to inspect and work load in department.
- Work with hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and products to perform required tasks.
- Responsible for the care of precision measuring equipment, tools and test equipment and benches.
- High School Diploma or equivalency, Valid Driver’s license
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, manuals, drawings and specifications to perform aircraft electrical/avionics maintenance.
- Level 1: 1-3 years - In aircraft maintenance and manufacturing or equivalent schooling.
- NOTE: Years of experience determines the base level, but employee must in addition have the knowledge and skills for that level or they will be raised or lowered a level to determine their actual pay grade level. Schooling/training is not to be included in years of experience
- Desired - Airframe and/or Power plant license, FCC license.
- Military experience highly desired.H-53E experience highly desired
- Must have knowledge of NAVAIR 1-A-505, TM 1500-323-24 or TO 1-1A-14 wiring standards and practices.
- Must be able to communicate verbally in an accurately and professionally way. Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Work 40 or more hours per week as directed (overtime, weekends, etc.)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as directed and drive company vehicles or rental vehicles as directed.
- Safety and Work Environment – Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Guiding Principle “Be Safe”.
- Effective Communication - Actively listens to others. Communicates with others clearly, openly, and respectfully. Uses all forms of communication effectively and appropriately (includes email, text, IM).
- Teamwork - Works with and supports others to achieve organizational goals. Meets individual and team deadlines and responsibilities. Assumes additional responsibilities when needed. Responds constructively to instructions and procedures. Listens to others and values opinions and is respectful of team members and other Erickson employees. Works effectively with team leader or manager and promotes a positive team environment.
- Accountable to Achieving Commitments - Achieves commitments to both internal and external customers. Produces high quality work by being attentive to detail and maintaining accuracy. Works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet all schedules and timelines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
- Adaptability to Change - Understands, accepts, and supports the need for business change and helping others with transitions. Adapts and adjusts to change within own area of responsibility as well as accepting the need for change more broadly. Actively identifies and leads change within area of responsibility.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.”