AVP & Actuary, Projections, Long Term Care
Projections for the Long Term Care (LTC) block are critical to GAAP and statutory reporting processes for Genworth. This role is integrally involved in the production of those projections and the maintenance of the models and related governance processes used to develop the projections. In this role you will also have the responsibility for performing asset adequacy analysis projections and various other actuarial model governance activities.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Projections in LTC actuarial models.
- Provide model expertise and knowledge
- Ensure strong model governance through controlled and well-documented projection model reviews and processes for each production cycle in accordance with model governance policies and procedures
- Review and analyze projection outputs with assumptions and data source inputs and compare to actual financial results, help explain variances, and improve accuracy of projections
- Provide thought leadership for model enhancements
- Lead key projects for the Projection team initiatives for model enhancements, reporting, and analysis
- Collaborate with assumption setting resources to understand assumption updates and changes
- Coordinate the integration of liability and asset/reinvestment models for improved asset-liability management
- Support product line and corporate initiatives
- Perform ad hoc analysis as required
The following skills and qualifications are required.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) designation or Associate (ASA) with commensurate experience
- 7+ years of relevant actuarial experience
- BS/BA Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or comparable major
- Strong experience with actuarial projection systems, proven modeling and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities
- Strong proficiency using AXIS Software including Datalink
- 10+ years relevant actuarial experience
- Long Term Care product and projections experience
- Knowledge of GAAP, STAT and Tax reporting requirements
- Programming experience, especially SAS, Python, SQL
- We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
- We work on challenging and rewarding projects
- We give back to the communities where we live
- We offer competitive benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options beginning your first day
- 20 days of Choice Time Off your first full year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 40 hours of volunteer time off
- 401k Account with matching contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Family Leave
- Child Care Subsidy Program
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.
The mission of Genworth’s US Life business is to develop solutions that meet the financial challenges of aging, including individual and group long term care insurance, annuities, life insurance and new innovative products over time.
We know we can’t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That’s why we’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees’ well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we’re dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.