Lead the strategic development and execution for all public relations and social media campaigns that enhance the brand and provide consistent messaging to our partners, customers, external stakeholders and employees. Primary role will be supporting public relations efforts, media engagement, and social media strategy. This role will develop, execute, monitor and measure various social media and public relations communications to engage key audiences. Responsible to maintain, protect and enhance the image of The Bancorp, its business units and its executives through owned and earned media.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
- Five years of Communications experience gained in either an agency or corporate environment.
- Possess a proven ability in planning and executing strategic projects.
- Ability to work effectively and independently on simultaneous projects.
- Experience in financial services, payments or fintech sector, in a publicly held company.
- Excellent verbal and written skill with the ability to write powerfully and concisely.
- Clear understanding of content marketing, social media and digital communications.
- Advance knowledge and experience using LinkedIn as a promotional tool.
- Advance time-management skills, ability to multi-task and work across numerous projects.
- Able to spot new media angles and internal communication opportunities.
- Experience in using PR software (i.e. Cision, Business Wire, etc.)
- Solid interpersonal and follow-up skills, especially in establishing, building and maintaining contact/relationships with internal and external parties.
- Experience and comfort in calling reporters and building relationships with media outlets.
- Detail-oriented and able to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Promote a culture of high quality and continuous improvement that values learning, responsibility and commitment
- Understanding of a creative workflow process.
- Strong time management qualifications.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.