The AV Field Engineer I will be able to install and operate most types of AV systems and equipment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The AV Field Engineer I will be able to troubleshoot and diagnose equipment problems in a senior service support role. That includes testing, troubleshooting of system components, and functions, and field verification of connections, labels, installation, and work quality.
- The AV Field Engineer I will understand advanced system drawings, specifications, and technical manuals. They will be able to create shop drawings and submittals for new project kick-off.
- The AV Field Engineer I must understand Control System and/or DSP program manipulation and commissioning. They must be able to Upload and manipulate code for AV equipment such as DSP (Biamp/QSC/BSS/ClearOne) and upload and manipulate code for (Crestron/Extron/AMX), matrix mixers, and switchers, VTC (Cisco/Polycom).
- The AV Field Engineer I will be able to commission audio systems.
- The AV Field Engineer I will be able to configure IP addressable devices and have a basic understanding of data networking
- The AV Field Engineer I’s work will include work both “in house” and in the field when required
- The AV Field Engineer I will assume ownership of project installation giving support to field staff and project manager. This includes providing advanced support for field installation staff.
- The AV Field Engineer I will assist with maintaining and completing project punch-list for project closeouts.
- The AV Field Engineer I will oversee the technical aspects of projects and IT coordination.
- The AV Field Engineer I will pre quality-check the projects, test all equipment and functionality, and create punch lists.
- The AV Field Engineer I will assist sales staff as needed with product and system demonstrations.
- The AV Field Engineer I will handle other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional, and lead others to create, develop, and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients, and business partners.
- Must have proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to effectively read, write, and give oral presentation(s).
- Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting, and quality requirements.
- Must able to travel within branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Regular attendance is mandatory
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Will have at least 3-4 years of overall audiovisual commercial integration industry experience working commercial integration projects.
- Must have a proven track record in audiovisual systems engineering and control systems commissioning
- Must be able to work well with other people
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and MS Project).
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a project, create a project scope of work, develop detailed associated tasks, and manage these to completion and customer turnover.
- Position promotes into AV Field Engineer II.