The AVP, IT System Engineer - ERP is responsible for coordinating development teams in development of new capabilities, supporting ongoing business enhancements and helping to manage run support.
- Lead team of technical professionals and assist management in producing technical solutions for Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS)
- Gather business requirements for projects & enhancements, and translate requirements into technical designs utilizing standard Oracle functionality as preference to limit impact to TCO (total cost of ownership)
- Identify simplification and standardization opportunities
- Support business functions and develop business cases for required changes and business supported requests
- Provide technical expertise across the EBS areas of General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Sourcing, iProcurement , Purchasing , Accounts Payable, and any new applications
- Engages and collaborates with business functional experts, project managers and other stakeholders to ensure delivery of new capabilities
- Coordinate with project team to ensure final deliverables meet customer requirements
- Evaluate current business procedures and recommend improvements or application functionality changes if needed
- Coordinates with run team to ensure prioritization of build activities and needs
- Leads team to establishing audit procedures, ensure continued integrity of systems, and assist in post-implementation continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of IT experience or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma/GED and 8 years of IT experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Oracle EBS R12 implementation and/or Support projects.
- Minimum of 4 years hand-on experience with Oracle Application development framework, application interfaces, workflow development & BI Publisher
- Experience working with technical teams including professional services and onshore/offshore development and run teams through execution of multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience in developing applications with Oracle Application Express (APEX) will be a plus
- Experience working with GL reconciliation systems such as T-RECs will be a plus
- Experience with OBIEE will be a plus
- UNIX/Linux scripting, SQL queries, and job scheduling
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills to lead design sessions with business and technical
- Working knowledge of financial accounting processes, databases, and reporting integration
- Possesses problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated desire and initiative to develop deep technical and business domain expertise
- Self-motivated and desire to grow in a fast-paced environment
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (AP) or 24 months (level 7 or greater), have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have the approval of
- your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don't meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Job Family Group:Information Technology