Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Handle healthcare book of business in the Midwest regions.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to underwrite Long Term Care based exposure
- Complies with company filings when evaluating and selecting risk
- Achieve new business development, rate and retention plans
- Ability to negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability goals for the Company
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate business goals
- Develop and maintain productive long term broker relationships
- Partner with business development managers to establish sales objectives
- Keep abreast of market trends, competitor products and distribution systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Maintains service standards with timely response to broker requests
- Coordinates as necessary with various departments, including Finance and Operations
- Travel is necessary to develop and maintain broker/client relationships
This position reports to a Senior Vice President of CHUBB Healthcare
- Seven to nine years long term care facilities underwriting experience
- Must possess strong analytical medical professional liability underwriting skill
- Ability to handle both middle market to large sized risks
- Strong interpersonal skills, manage relationships with both internal and external customers
- Self-motivated and able to work independently under tight deadlines
- BA/BS in insurance or business
- CPCU is desired
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.