Location: 71 North Market Street, Asheville, NC 28801
Responsible for writing strategy, constructing, and implementing campaigns that aim to increase awareness of HTB and products. He/she is an excellent marketing strategist with capabilities across a wide variety of marketing tactics and skill sets.
As such, the AVP/ Marketing Manager (MM), (grade 11) leads a variety of marketing initiatives for HTB as directed by Marketing Director across a wide variety of projects. These projects will include full suite of marketing tactics to achieve financial growth for HTB. Working in concert with the Marketing Product Manager and Digital Marketing Manager, the MM develops campaigns to provide measureable solutions for business units within HTB. MM serves as primary contact for media buyer and develops HTB capabilities campaigns and HTB product-specific campaigns for individual markets and for entire HTB footprint.
MM is a representative of the marketing department and ambassador to internal clients. He/she is steward of the HTB brand and works to provide strategic solutions for internal client through collaboration and working to understand the needs and nuances of various business units and their customers.
Specific Job Functions
- Promotes the growth and prosperity of the Bank by professionally serving the needs of the customer.
- Propose marketing campaigns in response to business unit needs to increase customer awareness and adoption of HTB products. Proposals are based on collaboration with internal client and include goals, budget and measureable outcomes. Upon receipt of approval, MM manages and implements campaign through reporting.
- Writing press releases, maintaining media list, and establishing media relations plan for common media questions.
- Manages media buys via consultant media buyer and advertising campaigns to ensure messages are correct, ads run as scheduled and within approved budget.
- Work with outside design firms and printers on special projects.
- Work with Marketing Event Coordinator to ensure all HTB markets are fairly represented, and to ensure that sponsorships provide value to HTB.
- Work in concert with AVP / Digital Marketing Manager to assure HTB brand is consistent across all campaigns, platforms and tactics
- Perform other duties as requested.
Physical and Mental Qualifications
- Ability to understand and use Bank policies and procedures to support positive customer interactions.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner in one-on-one and in small group meetings or presentations.
- Ability to listen to and/or convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately and quickly.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance
- Sales and service aptitude and ability. Earns quick credibility.
- Excellent skills at building and maintaining relationships.
- Effective team member with demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to resolve customer concerns/issues in a positive way.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Marketing Statistics. Knowledge of Banking products and service preferred.
- 10+ years marketing experience; data-driven marketing experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
HomeTrust Bank promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of qualified applicants and employees.