Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a full-service national mortgage lender and agency direct seller/servicer. Caliber originates loans through various channels and transaction types, including a network of retail branches, wholesale lending, correspondent and emerging banker lending, and a consumer-direct centralized operation specializing in a variety of loan programs for purchase and refinance such as conforming, jumbo, and government products. Caliber also offers innovative servicing solutions for both conforming and non-conforming loans. Caliber is led by a veteran senior management team that consists of mortgage banking professionals with a history of building successful national mortgage operations. Caliber is owned by Lone Star Funds, a global private equity fund.
The AVP Operational Risk for Operational Loss reports to the VP Operational Risk with oversight for operational risk governance within Caliber's Enterprise Risk Management framework. The role is responsible for the review and assessment of risk and control matrices for both Servicing and Origination activities. The role monitors in-line business unit reports for the identification, escalation and remediation of business unit risks related to expense management and financial controls. This role requires in-depth business knowledge and depth of experience with Mortgage Production and Servicing functions to include experience assessing risk for multiple business channels and loan types. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, highly analytical, and detail oriented.
* Partner in the build of a new functional capability; work with the executive team and other key stakeholders to provide analytics and insights to enhance efficiencies, identify challenges and quantify operational performance risk.
* Build and maintain framework for analysis of risk exposure areas, including operational, credit, financial, and reputational risk.
* Develop Key Risk Indicators (KRI's) to measure key risk trends consistent with the organization risk assessment for Servicing and Origination lines of business (LOBs).
* Monitor operational business unit reporting for the identification and remediation of emerging risks. Provide risk quantification considering both potential risk severity and frequency.
* Partner with First Line of Defense/ Business Controls to initiate and drive operational change to avoid/ mitigate financial loss.
* Present root cause analysis and develop executive reporting/ presentation content to highlight issues and remedial recommendations. Support ad hoc requests with flexibility and urgency, capable of aggregating and analyzing data, financial reporting and related information as needed.
* Evaluate and recommend effective Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) reporting solutions.
* Participate in all applicable Corporate, Risk and interdepartmental Governance and Risk Management Processes.
* Monitor and evaluate overall business environment, market and industry trends. Provide context for how these may have implications for Caliber.
* Develop domain knowledge of Caliber's businesses to include an understanding of short-term goals and long-term strategies for the organization.
* Maintain broad influence through ongoing development of relationships across the organization. Manage business relationships and cultivate an environment of mutual trust and integrity.
* Ensure compliance with Caliber policies, processes and practices. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting Economics or related field with 7-10 years mortgage servicing experience. Previous experience in mortgage originations/ servicing/ industry required.
* 7-10 years' direct responsibility for operational or risk analysis, with the ability to analyze data/ financial reporting/ information to recommend opportunities to mitigate operational loss.
* Previous experience working cross-functionally, supporting diverse business operations in a matrix environment.
* Previous experience interacting with executive management and providing direct support to C-Suite executives.
* Project management skills; ability to lead project-based initiatives leveraging cross functional resources/ teams.
* Metric oriented with advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
* Strong SQL skills required.
Capabilities & Attributes
* Effective verbal and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to engage at an executive level.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain productive relationships across the organization.
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities with ability to foster positive employee engagement and trust.
* Strong analytical skills; solid decision making abilities coupled with sound judgment. Ability to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
* High learning agility with the ability to learn and integrate multiple business variables, make connections and recommend credible solutions.
* High quality orientation; strong attention to detail.
* Effective at managing multiple priorities and leading teams of resources under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; ability to prioritize & organize time to deliver consistent results.
* Self-starter; strong execution skills and a results orientation. Self-directed; comfortable working with ambiguity and uncertainty.
* High degree of professional maturity, integrity, ability to exercise appropriate discretion and maintain confidential data and information.
* High degree of business acumen; strong technical aptitude.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled