This position provides project planning and project management services for all departments within the organization to ensure thorough, comprehensive planning for major credit union initiatives and timely, efficient completion of projects. This position has authority to act on behalf of the credit union on matters related to organization of project teams, project planning, and project management. This position is accountable for reporting to senior management on the status of active projects and advising senior management of plan changes/modifications to ensure quality results for the organization. This position is also responsible for continually managing and assessing the activities of designated projects and initiatives, communicating status to senior management, and responding proactively with appropriate recommendations to ensure the successful completion of goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies, reviews, and assesses established models and methods for project planning and project management according to credit union needs and capabilities.
- Recommends and communicates the preferred project management methodology to key managers within the credit union.
- Leads the development and implementation of new projects under the direction of the Project Management Steering Committee. Maintains direct liaison with management, project teams, and end users to analyze, document, and execute new projects.
- Must be capable of breaking problems into component parts and addressing each individual issue to develop an appropriate and thorough solution.
- Defines the business problem and primary objectives of new projects. Identifies and validates the key business requirements.
- Coordinates and facilitates project scope and specification meetings with all stakeholders
- Balances priorities and resource allocations while maintaining high service levels to customers, both internal and external.
- Ensures performance and adherence to quality control testing, stress testing, business acceptance testing, and software release testing, prior to implementation of new processes and applications into production business environments.
- Provides regular and thorough status updates to all stakeholders directly involved or having an interest in projects or other initiatives in process. Assesses adherence to established timelines and reports potential issues that may require modifying the project scope, design, or timelines.
- Manages any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines. Actively communicates requirement status and escalates awareness to management to solve or prevent potential disruptions or delays in a proactive manner.
- Reinforces role on all teams and provides positive input and direction while ensuring participation of all team members supporting the project or initiative.
- Requests and provides assistance from/to project and task team members as needed, and effectively utilizes available skills, capabilities, and resources.
- Supports strategic planning development efforts (i.e. strategic plan, business plan, project plans, budget) among management and senior staff for the credit union
- Develops and continues to expand a sound understanding of member needs and uses of services and products.
- Properly represents credit union priorities and objectives to business partners and internal staff.
- Abides by the Service Standards established by the credit union.
- Ethics/Integrity: maintains high standards of character
- Strategic Focus: identifies and develops needs and strategies that create a better credit union for the members and staff. Strong knowledge of the general organization structure of financial institutions and business processes, as well as a current knowledge and general understanding of financial products/service advancements and operating trends
- Driving Change: persistently pursues strategic change initiatives designed to meet the credit union's objectives
- Project Management: ability to develop project plans (including detailed timelines, assigned responsibilities, and available resources) that lead staff to complete projects on time and within budgetary guidelines
- Schedule Management: ability to effectively set up, coordinate, manage, and revise a schedule involving multiple components.
- Resource Management: ability to identify needs and to allocate resources (staff, budget dollars, equipment, supplies, etc.) to ensure effective operating results and cost management.
- Decision-making/judgment: ability to make prudent decisions that are timely, well researched, reflect awareness of impact, and are consistent with UTFCU's strategic objectives and are in line with accomplishing goals
- Problem solving: identifies problems in a timely manner, researches and develops alternative solutions, and resolves problems in early stages. Uses knowledge of the credit union to identify helpful resources
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills: effective verbal and written communication and demonstrates practical experience in successfully coordinating medium to large-scale business projects. Must have effective interpersonal skills to effectively direct users in drafting procedures, processes, and documentation with the ability to effectively present in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small, and large groups, with Senior Management, co-workers, and potential clients
- Self Motivated: strong work ethic along with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to one's work with minimal supervision
- Time Management: effectively prioritizes tasks to use time efficiently and attend to a broad range of activities. Ability to manage projects efficiently and effectively and handle shifting priorities and carry-on through task completion
- Teaming: ability to work well with all levels of personnel from different departments within a team environment to accomplish objectives and implement applications, products, and services
- Organizational: ability to independently organize work and projects to meet goals and deadlines
- Attentiveness to Detail: strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate results and findings. Solid mathematical aptitude with the ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Member Focused: proficient in anticipating credit union needs and taking the initiative to drive solutions in effective value-added ways
- Creativity: ability to generate ideas and solutions to promote effectively to management
- Technical: ability to navigate a variety of computer programs including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS SharePoint, Jack Henry Symitar's Episys, etc.
A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, or Information Technology is required; a Master's in Business Administration or Computer Science or a PMP Certification is preferred.
Minimum of five years of credit union or banking experience in project management, product development, information technology, and managing multiple projects. Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and a knowledge of MS Project and MS Visio is preferred. Knowledge of Jack Henry's Symitar - Episys is strongly preferred.