AVP, Software Quality Assurance Manager(
The Accident and Health division within Chubb Overseas General is seeking a motivated candidate to lead the quality assurance functions for a new system initiative serving the Corporate and Affinity book of business. This individual is expected to provide supervision regarding quality adherence in all aspects of the project; and will provide leadership and direction for all testing and training functions.
- Define quality-driven disciplines, methodology, and structures that must be followed across all aspects of the SDLC.
- Create testing approach and strategy for all levels of testing in the project including unit, functional, system, integration, regression, UAT, and performance.
- Plan, Schedule, and coordinate testing activity across all teams and team members and in conjunction with solution delivery processes.
- Provide direction, guidance, and oversight for all individuals involved in the testing process including business testers and developers (unit testing).
- Oversee and participate in creation of testing scripts and test result logs to support testing functions and validate requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Oversee and participate in execution of testing during all test phases of the project.
- Pursue and include usage of automated testing tools to facilitate testing where possible and appropriate.
- Participate in daily agile development activities as member of core delivery team including spring planning, daily meetings, collaborative delivery, and retrospective reviews.
- Assist with triage of defects, track, and coordinate resolution with delivery team.
- Create strategy for training of new users for all roles within the system.
- Schedule and execute user training in conjunction with training strategy and in accordance with country rollout schedule.
- Create videos, attestations, and other materials required to support training process.
- Create and maintain all documents and artifacts related to strategy, planning and execution of all related initiatives.
- Co-ordinate and assist with training and the preparation of training materials
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years experience in Quality Assurance Testing
- 3+ years as QA manager or team lead
- Demonstrated success in defining and executing testing strategies across large distributed, component-based systems in a multi-team environment
- Experience working for large/multiline insurance company/carrier
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to set direction for others.
- Excellent written/verbal skills, polished presentation skills, and ability to communicate clearly to business and technical audiences.
- Proficiency with automated testing tools.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Works effectively with minimal supervision, both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work well in team environment.
- Ability to train and mentor other staff members on QA practices.
- Previous experience with formal software training for users.
- Ability to be hands-on when required
- Ability to work early or late on occasion to interact with offshore and remote teams.
- Proficient in at least 1 language used in Continental Europe
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study (Computer Engineering, Computer/Business Information Sciences)
- Experience working in co-located team environment.
- Background in Accident and Health business-line
Philadelphia - 436 Walnut St