In support of the US Navy SIGINT mission, the Cloud Architect will be a member of the Afloat Signals Exploitation (ASE) team contributing to the design and implementation of US Navy mission applications in a cloud environment on multiple domains. The ideal candidate will have experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and a history of direct involvement with successful cloud-based migrations.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Overall responsibility for designing and building the cloud environment necessary to support US Navy mission applications using the latest CI/CD technologies
* Supporting the DevOps team in refactoring/transitioning legacy software applications to a cloud based microservice architecture
* Develop custom scripts or small compiled applications based on internal and external customer requests.
* Researching and recommending innovative and feasible automated approaches for software integration/development
* Have developed communication skills and the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely, employing technical writing techniques
* Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines
* Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's degree in related technical field or equivalent work experience
* Must hold active AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
* Twelve plus (12) years of software integration/engineering experience
* Experience writing and deploying systems via Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, Powershell, etc)
* Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
* Expert with Cloud hosting platforms including AWS, Google Cloud and/or Microsoft Azure
* Significant experience with networking concepts and architecture
* Experience building and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline
* Significant experience with core AWS services (S3, RDS, EC2, VPC)
* Significant experience with DevOps tools (ie. GitLab, BitBucket, Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Sonatype, SonarQube, JUnit, CheckMarx, TestComplete, JFrog Xray, Selenium, JFrog Artifactory) or similar
* Must currently be DoD 8570-compliant with the equivalent of an IAT II certification (Security)
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Experience in Scrum and Agile development environments is a plus
* Knowledge of GovCloud, Navy Cloud policies and DISA Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide
THIS POSITION DOES NOT REQUIRE A CLEARANCE TO START
THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET / SCI CLEARANCE WHICH YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology and engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. For positions requiring a security clearance, selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Scientific Research Corporation endeavors to make www.scires.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Must presently have or be eligible for a government security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled