Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking an AWS DevOps Engineer for a 6-month contract (with extensions) opportunity with our client in Irving, TX.
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
- The AWS DevOps Engineer will serve as subject matter and technical resource for the software development team to assist with AWS architecture and infrastructure solutions.
- The AWS DevOps Engineer will compose and leverage AWS CloudFormation Templates or HashiCorp Terraform Plans to ensure repeatable, sustainable AWS infrastructure is effectively created and managed.
- Automate software testing at multiple levels (component, configuration item, subsystem, system) and monitor results.
- Maintain AWS Cloud Infrastructure in an optimal configuration from both technical and budgetary perspectives
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Administration of build farm, deployment environments, and other CI systems
- Troubleshooting problems with builds, automated deployment systems and tools
- Publishing Software Releases and Hotfixes
- 7+ years of hands-on AWS DevOps experience or a combination of AWS experience and a system engineering background or build and release background
- Experience with all aspects of DevOps (source control, continuous integration, deployments, etc.)
- In depth understanding of AWS cloud architecture, configuration, and management
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with configuring and deploying micro services on cloud leveraging high scalability and high availability design patterns.
- Strong Experience in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes: EC2, Fargate, SNS, RDS, Cloud Formation, API Gateway, Lambdas, Auto Scaling, S3, and Kinesis.
- Strong networking and security experience preferably on AWS cloud (VPC, LB, Route53, Security Groups configurations etc).
- Strong understanding of authentication and authorization frameworks, cloud-based access, and security controls
- Strong background in Devops related practices such as CI/CD, infrastructure automation, and infrastructure as code
- Experience with the following development and Devops related tools: Git, Jenkins, code pipelines;
- Experience supporting Node.js application deployments is a plus
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status