At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for enterprise level designing, planning, implementing and supporting of UNIX/Linux systems in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment. The engineer's responsibilities include identifying and correcting performance issues, providing support to applications developers, infrastructure teams, DevOps and end-users. The engineer will participate in the design of automated solutions, process improvement, server provisioning, Capacity and Performance Management, performance monitoring, software installations, technical assistance, server security management, hardware recommendations and procurement. The incumbent must have in depth working knowledge of UNIX/Linux Operating Systems, storage, network, databases, DevOps tools, UNIX Shell scripting and programming.
How you will make an impact:
- Performs all non-emergency disruptive maintenance, repairs, and upgrades (i.e., operating system upgrades, server refresh, enhancements, installs etc.) during non-business hours or as coordinated
- Provides 24x7 on-call production support; provides triage and root cause analysis
- Capacity and Performance management
- Performs system administration activities, including server management, performance monitoring, management of system resources, auditing system logs, back-up and recovery, security, storage management, server and solution design, process improvement and automation using DevOps tools, and maintenance of complex systems.
- Manages monthly patch maintenance; conducts and responds to UNIX/Linux security audits; works with Enterprise Security to define and implement UNIX/Linux security policy.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, documents, and resolves the root causes of repeated incidents.
- Implements ITIL Best Practices
- Improves existing products and procedures by evaluating latest trends and conducting POC’s on latest software and hardware technologies; collaborate and communicates with IT Technical teams, end users and DevOps on IT strategies
- Creates and maintains documentation to support the testing, installation, operations and maintenance of data center equipment.
What we look for:
- Minimum of 5 years with a preference of 10 years experience as a lead UNIX/Linux engineer with cloud computing/container reference architecture exposure.
- Advanced knowledge in Windows, Database, networking, IaC (Terraform or ARM templates). Experience with languages such as Powershell, Python, JSP, HCL and shell/perl scripting.
- Familiarity with Docker, Weblogic 12c, Tomcat, Jboss, Apache, Splunk, API Gateway, Jira, Confluence, Visio/Lucid Chart.
- Knowledge of administration and configuration of: operating system virtualization, operating systems, configuration management tools, source code management, continuous build integration technologies, artifact repositories, deployment automation technologies, database management systems, network architecture and best practices implementation.
- Solid working knowledge of automation/DevOps tools (Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, GIT and vRA).
- Expert ability to make use of scripting languages to interpret scripts of advanced complexity.
- Azure certification is highly preferred.
- Expert working knowledge of Disaster Recovery principles and concepts.
- In-depth knowledge of block and file storage systems
- Advanced knowledge of Storage Array Networks.
- Superior customer services skills required.
- Superior trouble shooting and analytical skills required.
- Ability to foster an environment that promotes long-term problem avoidance, e.g., the ability to trouble shoot as well as determine problem sources and implement solutions/policies and procedures that reduce the possibility of problems reoccurring.
- Demonstrate leadership in quality and work practices and in assisting and mentoring technical team members.
- Ability to quickly learn technical and/or conceptual information, identify key issues and details, and present understandable alternatives to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to manage time and priorities to respond to deadlines; ability to work on multiple tasks that are not necessarily well defined, under pressure of full workload, tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with server system products involving a variety of software and hardware implementations.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with requirements analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance responsibilities as well as production support of multiple servers.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within an environment of structured life cycle management including change management system and extensive testing prior to implementation.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience of project experience working as a member of a technical team and/or leading the roll out of production and test systems, including development and implementation of policies & procedures for the production environment as well as overall systems documentation.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with client support in multi-server environment, including experience supporting multi–tier applications, as part of client server architecture.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in Computer Science, Computer information Systems; Master’s degree preferred.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance