The Embedded and Open Systems Group defines and implements advanced architectures for real-time embedded processing, avionics, and command and control systems. Open architecture efforts enable the flexible composition of sensors, processing systems, avionics systems, ground stations and command centers to provide necessary warfighting capabilities in a timely manner.
Odyssey Systems currently requires three backend software developers. The group seeks Software Engineer subcontractors to support the research and development of large scale open architecture distributed / cloud-based data processing, analysis, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) projects utilizing agile development methodology. Technical staff will design the software architecture systems with input from the subcontractors. Under the guidance of customer technical staff, the candidates will perform the coding, development, implementation, integration, and testing of these systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The candidates will work as a member of a team which designs and develops software in order to implement large scale open architecture distributed / cloud-based data processing, analysis, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) projects. They will utilize agile development methodology. The candidates must be experienced in software design, development, integration, testing, documentation, and maintenance. Work will be executed primarily in Java in a mixed Windows/Linux environment using open source and custom software stacks
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active secret clearance
• Ph.D. plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience
• The candidates must have expertise with Java development, tools and common design patterns.
• Experience in innovative applications is especially useful.
• Strong object-oriented development skills
• Strong SOA based development skills
• Experience developing distributed and cloud-based systems and services
• Experience developing RESTful and/or SOAP based web services
• Experience developing API for databases (SQL, non-SQL)
• Web application server development using Tomcat or other servlet containers
• XML technologies including XSDs, XPATH, XSLT
• Experience with modern development tools such as Eclipse, Maven, git, GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins, Gradle, Bamboo, etc.
• Experience in applying skills in innovative, cutting edge applications
• Work well within a fast moving, small team environment
• Active secret clearance
• Experience with C++ and Python is a plus
• Experience developing scalable architectures in a cloud environment
• Experience with commercial cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
• Knowledge of full software lifecycle automation and testing tools
• Expertise in high-performance multi-threaded applications
• Experience with at least one NOSQL database technology
• Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, HBASE
• Familiarity with standard SQL databases and JDBC
• Familiarity with AI/machine learning libraries, software stacks, and applications
• Solid understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems, including shell scripting
• Expertise in modern software design patterns and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, etc.)
• Securing distributed services using PKI methodologies
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.