Background Investigator Level I - United States, Virgin Islands (Part-Time/On-Call)
What You’ll Get to Do:
Current Background Investigators are required to conduct face-to-face interviews asking a variety of questions with the subject of the investigation as well as other people who may know them to establish the background, reputation, character suitability and qualifications of the subject. This will be used in determining employment suitability of persons who require access to sensitive or classified U.S. government information. The investigator also completes record searches at law enforcement agencies, courthouse, educational and financial institutions, and depending on the person’s background, medical and/or mental health facilities. Investigators will be required to compile all information gathered and submit a clear/concise report on a government computer system within a strict time frame. Your success as an investigator depends not only on your knowledge of methods and procedures, but also on your own behavior, attitude and character. The credibility of any report of investigation depends on your absolute integrity and reporting of the investigations. The complete report of investigation must reflect all pertinent facts, both positive and negative.
CACI has been an incumbent vendor and a proven and respected track record on conducting Background Investigations Fieldwork Services for OPM/NBIB contract since 2004. We have investigators in all 50 states and U.S. territories.
More About the Role:
- Entry-level position typically requiring little to no prior experience
- Work is routine or follows standard procedures
- Work is closely supervised
- Problems faced are routine with clearly defined solutions
- Communicates information that requires little explanation or interpretation
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Active T5 / Top Secret based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is preferred.
- Minimum Secret clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Date of last investigation cannot be older than 18 months and currently serving in a Secret billet.
- A sense of mission in support of national security initiatives
- An impeccable work ethic, integrity, and can-do attitude
- A current driver's license, reliable personal vehicle, and willingness to travel up to a 100-mile radius daily in support of assignments
- A home office equipped with high-speed Internet (LAN line required as wireless is unauthorized)
- A personal computer compatible with Microsoft applications (e.g. Word and Excel)
- Ability to walk, type, sit, or stand for long periods of time
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, such as typing detailed reports 1-20 pages in length
- Ability to pass a mandatory Pre-Employment drug test
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of Experience Working in a Professional Career Setting/Military Service
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-St. Thomas-VI-VIRGIN ISLANDS (US)