Abile Group has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Backup Engineer supporting an Intelligence Community Customer.
The right candidate will possess the below skills and qualifications and be ready to handle all responsibilities independently and professionally.
This position will be to setup and maintain backup infrastructure (SAN, Netbackup, etc.) and their configurations.
The position is a self-lead position to not only work incidents, outages, but the deployment/extension of the backup architecture for both networks on windows and Linux systems.
Operate and maintain all backup and recovery activities on/off-premise using multiple mediums including tape and disk with multiple storage types including block-level and object store.
Perform quality control checks, ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of the backup systems, tools, and products.
Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed documentation of operational procedures.
Responsible for performing trend analysis for the amount of data being backed up and the amount of time the backups are consuming.
Also responsible for proposing changes to the backup system which would improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the backup / restoral systems and processes.
Clearance Required: Top Secret
Degree and Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a degree 14+ years of experience may be considered
Shift: Standard plus on call
Travel: 10% of the time
- 10 years’ experience supporting an enterprise backup environment supporting a minimum of 1,000 users
- Experience creating, implementing and maintaining a backup system schedule
- Experience with tape and SAN or NAS based backup systems
- 5 years’ experience backing up a virtualized environment
- Experience creating and maintaining complete backup and restoral documentation
- Experience supporting classified environments
- Experience installing, initial configuration and maintaining backup systems
- Experience backing up and restoring MS Exchange
- Experience backing up and restoring SQL Server
- Experience backing up and restoring SCCM
Abile Group, Inc. was formed in July 2004 to partner with the Intelligence Community and their Contractors in the areas of Enterprise Analytics & Performance Management, IT & Systems Engineering and Program & Project Management. We have significant experience with the Federal Government and are an EDWOSB dedicated to our employees and clients. We are looking for high performing employees who enjoy providing advice and guidance along with solutions development and implementation support, crafted by combining industry best practices with the clients’ subject matter experience and Abile’s breadth of expertise.
Abile Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or national origin.