MainStreet Family Care is coming to Bainbridge, Ga!
And we're looking to hire a team of fast, fun and friendly Medical Assistants to join our family. Our Medical Assistants provide compassionate patient care by offering courteous, efficient and accurate service. They assist in the delivery of urgent and primary medical care, practice administration and patient care management. They also perform a variety of other duties, including assisting the onsite Provider with patient intake, assessment, treatment and discharge. Effective communication is key, as MainStreet Medical Assistants interact with patients and their families, Occ Med Clients and individuals from other departments on a daily basis.
Prior Medical Assisting experience or education is beneficial, but not required. We have a full in-house training program so that we can train our staff to work everything from the reception desk to the X-ray machine.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and medical practice to assist in giving patient care.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously deal with telephone calls, patients and families, clients, coworkers, clinical staff and physicians.
- Drive, enthusiasm and a commitment to learning and growing within the role.
- Organizational and analytical skills necessary to maintain efficient workflow.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail in all facets of the position.
- Ability to adjust responsibilities to accommodate a fast-paced work environment while maintaining excellent customer service and staff interactions.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in high pressure situations.
- Reliable and accountable for personal actions, positive action upon feedback from others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Clinic staff will be split into two teams: Team A and Team B. Each team will work on a rotating schedule that includes every other weekend. Below is a sample schedule over a two week pay-period:
Week 1: Monday- On, Tuesday- On, Wednesday- Off, Thursday- Off, Friday- On, Saturday- On, Sunday- On
Week 2: Monday- Off, Tuesday- Off, Wednesday- On, Thursday- On, Friday- Off, Saturday- Off, Sunday- Off
Week 1: Monday- Off, Tuesday- Off, Wednesday- On, Thursday- On, Friday- Off, Saturday- Off, Sunday- Off
Week 2: Monday- On, Tuesday- On, Wednesday- Off, Thursday- Off, Friday- On, Saturday- On, Sunday- On
The clinic is open:
8am-8pm Monday- Friday
9am-4pm Saturday and Sunday
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and written
- Previous experience in an emergency department,urgent care, or other medical office preferred
- Registered or certified medical assistants preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Hourly wage between $10-$14 with bonus program(s)
- Exceptional health, dental, and vision benefits
- Supplemental insurance
- 401K options
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Patient Care
- Prepare examination and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Take patient histories and vital signs.
- Prepare patient for examination and treatment.
- Dispense medication as directed.
- Instruct and educate patients about discharge instructions if applicable.
- Handle telephone calls from clients, patients, prospective patients, physicians, pharmacies, as well as other staff.
- Provide solutions to patient concerns within the scope of position.
- Patient intake including scheduling, registration, insurance verification, and collections
- Provide accurate and timely documentation to staff, insurance carriers and companies.
- Correspondence by phone, in person, or in writing with regard to patient care, i.e. insurance carriers, physicians, non-clinic physicians.
- Maintain patient records for clinical use, medical records use, billing use, physicians' review, etc.
- Assist with scheduling of test and treatments.
- Screen phone calls for referral to physician.
- Complete opening and closing procedures.
- Other Duties
- Maintain disposable and non-disposable supplies, i.e. wound care supplies, laundry, etc.
- Attend required meetings, re-certifications, and participate in committees as requested.
- Help produce and maintain patient education instruction hand-outs.
- Maintain clean, professional working/treatment area.
- Accept and assume responsibility for special projects as they arise
- All other duties as assigned