SUMMARY An entry-level position heavy on preparation work.
Bakery and pastry areas, ovens, freezers, storage units.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Neat and clean in appearance.
- Non-smoker on the job
- Able to move up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Able to communicate in English with employees.
- Able to hear instructions in a noisy environment.
- Able to understand and carry out simultaneous instructions.
- Has food handler's permit.
- Has manual dexterity to use knives and other kitchen implements in food preparation.
- Able to read and understand menus and recipes in English.
- Follows directions from bakery management.
- Prepares items as directed by leading baker or other members of management.
- Reads and understands all recipes in use, in English.
- Cleans and restocks refrigerators.
- Maintains a hygienic workstation and product.
- Moves food, materials, and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Regular attendance is required. Must be at work station 5 min. before scheduled shift, in uniform!
- Is courteous and hospitable to employees and guests alike at all times.
- Keeps area, equipment, work surfaces, and tools clean and sanitized. Takes responsibility to ensure general work area is clean and safe. Cleans up after self and at end of shift. Always works safely.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Performs other duties as directed or as needed.
Management reserves the right to change job descriptions at will.0