Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of personalized service in the bakery.
* Pulls product. Decorates by freehand and with decorating kits. Colors icing. May be required to order decorating products, cakes and icing.
* Assists in the sale of bakery products. Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques via telephone, in-store intercom, and one-on-one customer contact.
* Ensures that bakery product quantity, quality and decorating standards are met. Stocks and maintains cake cases. Prevents the sale of out of date products.
* Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of bakery equipment and work area. Ensures safe work environment.
* Follows proper packaging and product handling procedures. Follows Company guidelines and division schematics for setting up and maintaining products, cleanliness and appeal of product show cases, display tables and special displays. Follows proper signing procedures.
* Assists customers with special orders for cakes and other bakery items. Responds to incoming calls appropriately. Receives and appropriately resolves customer complaints and reports to the Bakery Manager and Store Director as appropriate.
* Follows Company code dating procedures for all in-store bakery products. Complies with state labeling requirements for packaged merchandise.
* Assists with all bakery duties such as: receiving, cleaning, pulling, proofing, baking, decorating, slicing and packaging.
* Responsible for performing all job duties safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
* Other necessary and required duties.
Skills and Physical Requirements:
* Ability to be friendly, courteous, tactful and maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers. Must possess good communication skills in writing, over the telephone and in person, legible handwriting and the ability to read and follow directions.
* Ability to frequently reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, stoop, twist, and turn frequently. Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination necessary. Must be able to operate bakery utensils and related equipment. Ability to push and pull fully loaded hand trucks, carts and racks.
* Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
* Requires knowledge of basic mathematics.
* Must be able to learn taste, content and perishability of products, safety and sanitation procedures and department policies and procedures.
* Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to baking procedures, equipment and work aids necessary to perform job duties.
* Frequent exposure to 400˚ Fahrenheit while baking products. Exposure up to approximately 28˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in cooler and -20˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in freezer.
* Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment.
Safety -- Sensitive Position:
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by employees assigned to this job. If you have questions regarding your ability to physically perform the listed job duties and requirements -- e.g. lifting, standing, bending, etc. - please speak to your Store Director. All team members must comply with Company, Division, and Store policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each store and from store to store.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled