The Bakery Production Tech position is responsible for rotating duties on a fast-paced assembly line that includes the handling of raw materials and finished product. Performs a variety of operational functions by either operating a machine or by handling the product itself during the process of raw material into food products.
- Work on a production line, according to procedures. May switch positions every two hours and may be required to work other positions within the Production facility.
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training. Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment, tools and person.
- Maintain and follow GMP, ServSafe, HAACP, SQF, OSHA and Orion standards in the work environment.
- Ability to learn, participate and become knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing practices, 6 Sigma and Root Cause Analysis.
- Ability to run the inserter and other simple/complex equipment.
- Must be willing to cross train in all production and warehouse areas; including Cheese & Sauce, Bakery and USDA; will be required to work in other departments when necessary to meet production schedules.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High energy, enthusiastic, core values, and company philosophy
- Ability to follow a production schedule and prioritize tasks
- Ability to follow directions and established procedures
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Basic math skills necessary for recipe conversions and/or modifications
- May be required to work days, nights, overnight, weekends, and some holidays.
- Able to work as part of a team to ensure pastries are high quality and produced on time.
Education and/ Or Experience
- High School diploma or GED diploma required.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Orion Land Mark makes the quick service restaurant industry easy to digest. We were recently ranked #1 in the Miscellaneous Quick-Service Restaurant category of Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500.
In April 2019, Orion merged with Land Mark Products out of Milford, IA, making Orion Land Mark the nation’s largest pizza supplier to the convenience store industry.
Orion Land Mark franchises and/or licenses its branded food concepts to over 2,000 locations throughout the world!