The Bakery Sales Clerk is first and foremost responsible to our guests, building a reputation for Ultimate Service, with a focus on educating guests about products and services; and for effective selling and presentation of products to differentiate the store experience from any other supermarket.
- When a guest enters my area or department, my first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage that guest.
- Exceed our guests’ expectation for service and build a reputation for ultimate service.
- Be attentive at all times to needs of guests and be ready and able to serve and/or direct guests.
- Walk all department and out-of department displays every 30 minutes and ensure they are clean, well merchandised, signed and have proper lighting.
- Ensure packing guidelines are followed.
- Ensure that quality products are available for sale and products are rotated.
- Demo and sell product as time permits or as instructed by management.
- Follow daily duties and ensure they are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Accurately write and follow detailed instructions on special orders to ensure product meets or exceeds the guest’s expectations.
- Assist in break-out and dishwashing as needed.
- Practice safe work habits; maintain a high level of store cleanliness, organization, and a safe work environment.
- Assist in training new team members.
- Perform any other related duties as requested by management.
- Ability to work at fast-paced, but efficient and controlled manner.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of position, including but not limited to standing, bending, and lifting.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. and push and pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work within a freezer for up to 15 minutes.
- Ability to accept supervisory coaching related to performance, work habits and attitude.
- Must be flexible to work various hours/shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Attend meetings and training sessions when called upon.
- Must maintain a current food safety certification.
- Ability to function as a team member and get along with others.
This job description is intended to provide a high-level of general requirements for this position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure proper operations.
Ultimate Service Superior Performance Positive Impact