Banking Specialist Trainee
Middlesex Savings Bank, one of the largest mutually owned savings banks in the country, are seeking a Banking Specialist Trainee in our Wellesley, MA branch. This position provides incumbents the training needed to acquire and begin to develop skills necessary to function successfully in the role of Banking Specialist. The training period will include a focus on both technical skills, such as the processing of transactions and opening and servicing of accounts, and on advisory skills, such as providing information on products which meet discovered customer needs. During the training period, incumbents will promote good customer relations through the handling of a wide array of banking transactions.
- Gains the knowledge and skills necessary to independently process routine customer transactions. Completes said transactions in an efficient, accurate and professional manner.
- Balances transactions and cash at the end of the day and participates in branch settlement.
- Ensures that transactions are processed and that proper documentation is completed within established time frames.
- Works towards being able to independently assist customers with the acquisition of new products and services while providing consistently high levels of customer service. Learns to open various accounts and facilitate the resolution of service-related issues and problems.
- Gains knowledge of Bank products and services. Begins to utilize said knowledge to identify and actively pursue needs-based sales opportunities in keeping with established objectives.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed security and regulatory guidelines. Complies with all Bank policies including those pertaining to confidentiality, email, and business attire.
- Completes all prescribed training in a timely fashion, as requested.
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be requested.
- Begins to perform work independently, within scope of established guidelines and practices. Consults with Manager where clarification or exception to Bank policy may be required.
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- At least 1-3 years of cash handling or customer service-related experience.
- Must possess knowledge of basic math principles and be able to perform basic mathematical procedures.
- Demonstrated customer service, sales, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must be able to work extended and weekend hours.
- Scheduling and work location flexibility required. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
We believe that as a bank, we are only as good as our people. And the way to attract great people is by creating an environment where they can enjoy their work, feel empowered, and truly feel they are part of a team. The simple truth is that people who work here enjoy being surrounded by people who are great at what they do and look forward to coming to work each day. We think you will too.
If you’re interested in a career with Middlesex Savings Bank, we’d love to speak with you. Please apply using the link provided to complete your application through our Careers Page.
Middlesex Savings Bank is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Search Firm Representatives, Please Read Carefully: Middlesex Savings Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms for this or any employment opportunity.