Carrington maintains the necessary infrastructure to ensure stability and maximize value during any market cycle. We are a fully integrated mortgage company supporting our customers by providing a broad range of real estate services encompassing nearly all aspects of single family residential real estate transactions in the United States.
Our Mortgage Servicing platform has continued to grow by focusing resources on excellent execution of our key competencies, including customer service, delinquency management, default management, loan administration, analytics and investor reporting – all while preserving home ownership and providing world-class servicing. We’re always building our mortgage business with our customers in mind. Join us.
The Bankruptcy Specialist I is responsible for monitoring residential mortgage loans in the Bankruptcy process to minimize potential losses and preserve the lien-holder’s interests.
What you’ll do:
- Receives and processes bankruptcy documents throughout all bankruptcy process. Also creates and orders documents required within the bankruptcy process.
- Handles documentation processes for the set-up bankruptcy filings, Motion for Reliefs, Proof of Claims, Transfer of Claims, and Reaffirmations, Notice of Final Cures and Payment Change Notices.
- Gathers and uploads documents such as Assignments of Mortgages, Deeds, Notes, and other documents required for filing actions within the bankruptcy.
- Focused on gaining knowledge and experience of the other bankruptcy processes and chapters.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- Systematic and Diligent. You have a keen focus on the details and like to follow a plan.
- Quality Focused and Industrious. You’re passionate about maintaining high standards and delivering results.
- Flexible and Hardworking. You take pride in your work, and will do whatever it takes to get things done right.
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience; College degree preferred
- Less than two years of banking/finance/mortgage experience