Food Servers Wanted!
FLSA: Non- Exempt
Job Summary: Serve food and drinks to guests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Serve 3 – 4 tables, as determined by management.
- Complete knowledge of Garden Grill's food and beverage preparation policies.
- Ability to sell alcohol and food items.
- Able to use a computer to ring orders on a check.
- Able to interact with guests in a friendly/fast manner.
- Able to accept different types of payment and make change.
- Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Clear and reset tables.
- Check identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
- If serving alcoholic beverages, observe guests behavior, count number of drinks served, and if you feel they should not drive, offer a taxi. Don’t hesitate to ask a manager to intervene.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Other duties as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Must be able to make change
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Must be able to suggestively sell food and beverage items
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED
- Must be able to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
- 100% -- Walks and stands during entire shift.
- 100% -- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls, and burns
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Must be of legal age according to State regulations to serve alcohol.
Due to the nature of the position, you can expect to walk around the hotel and standup the majority of the time. Work environment involves risks or discomforts which require safety precautions. Use of safe work place practices is required.
This document only provides a general description of the position. It is neither intended nor represented as providing a fixed and/or complete list of its duties, skills, efforts, responsibilities or working conditions. Management has the right at any time to change these duties or description herein.