Austin Hotel at Southpark
Just moments away from the excitement of downtown Austin, the State Capitol and the 6th Street Entertainment District; the Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark is an exciting place to work. With a premier location in the heart of a world-renowned city, the Omni Southpark is at the center of it all.
Omni Southpark’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Southpark may be your perfect match.
Responsible for coordinating the execution of our events in our multiple private event rooms. You will be responsible for motivating and leading our team of banquet servers and bartenders to ensure our members and guests expectations are exceeded.
- Responsible for controlling all aspects in the execution of banquet function.
- Effectively supervise the Banquet staff during all food and beverage service.
- Coordinating every aspect of the Banquet staff during all food and beverage service.
- Assist the Banquet Manager in the complete operation of the Banquet Department
- Responsible for adhering to hotel policies and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to all liquor liability laws.
- Must assist/conduct all designated staff/pre-function meetings.
- Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively
- Must be willing to adapt to different climate changes in the restaurant, lounge and kitchen areas, with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- This position will be working with Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Must be a team player.
- Possess a “Can Do” attitude.
- Must have 3-4 years of Banquets experience.
- Must have experience in handling and serving food and beverages.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, open to working days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have food handler and TABC certification.
- Must live within 50 miles of the hotel
- Must be able to communicate professionally and efficiently with other Associates and Guests
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links:EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.