This position is located at Globe Life Park, home of the Texas Rangers, located in Arlington, Texas. Delaware North Metroplex Sportservice is the premiere provider of food & beverage and retail merchandise for this MLB 49,166 seating facility. Please visit http://texas.rangers.mlb.com to learn more.The Opportunity
The Banquet Captain is a full -time position located at Globe Life Park in Arlington.
- Oversee functions and have the ability to read Banquet Event Orders.
- The Banquet Captain will assign specific tasks or services, ensure that safety and sanitation codes are followed, and train staff to recognize improper guest behavior.
- During the event, they interact with the host or Event Coordinators to respond to any special requests or last-minute adjustments.
- They monitor the activities of workers and guests and respond to questions, complaints, or comments that may arise.
- Candidate will also supervise cleanup, inventory, and storage of supplies and equipment.
- The banquet captain will be an important member of the catering team and must be comfortable assigning personnel with specific tasks and working closely with the Banquet Staff, Catering Managers and kitchen staff. Must be able to lead by example and create an enthusiastic working environment
Banquet captains must have a high school diploma, 5+ years of experience in banquet or catering service, prior experience in a supervisory role, and strong customer service and management skills.
Must have ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
Must be TABC certified.
- Detail oriented
- Must also have strong organizational and decision-making skills.
- Must have the ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time,
- Lift up to 50 pounds and carry items such as food trays and equipment.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Variable temperatures – required to move between hot, noisy conditions of kitchen and climate-controlled dining environment
- Noise level may be moderate to high during busy times
* The above is intended to describe the general contents of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.