Leaders of service excellence, we welcome you to join our team. From large corporate receptions to intimate board meetings, The Seelbach Hilton offers elegant, one-of-a-kind venues that combine historic charm with state-of-the-art meeting technology.
The Banquet Captain will assist the Banquet Manager in the training and directing of the banquet staff in servicing all banquet activities in order to ensure a successful function and repeat business.
- Assist in the training of the banquet staff to include illustrating the proper techniques and etiquette for American, French, and buffet and parade types of service. Monitor staff performance.
- Supervise the setup of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china, and glassware according to event order specifications. Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory, and set up.
- Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, conventions services, and engineering staffs, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service, and adherence to all applicable federal, state, local safety and health regulations and corporate standards.
- Supervise clean-up of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
- Adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
- Conducting roll call meetings ensuring proper staff attire, go over menu and special requests
- Ensure that the entire event area (front and Back of house) is clean at end of event
- Assist servers with the execution of events according to the event order and IHR quality standards.
- Anticipate guest needs and react to go above their expectations
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state and local health and safety regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English language in order to read event orders and effectively communicate with guests and employees.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or transport up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to operate various food and beverage equipment present at a function.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High School education required.
Previous banquet server for specified time or food and beverage supervisory experience necessary.